Thursday, July 31, 2008

Staking the Claim






100 years ago a ansestor of mine traveled West seeking gold and silver. He found himself on the far end of Montana where he staked his claim. In the end he passed without any children or clear wishes of who would inherit the land. For the past 75 years this land has been spread out among relatives with little official documentation of who actually owns it.

I have been fascinated with the rich history that surrounds this land for years. Finally last month I traveled to these mines to reclaim my families land. What I found was incredible, remnants of mines, a cabin, and an uneasy mountain man that shot at me twice before running me off the family claim.

Above are images of a ritual reclamation of my families Montana mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home